Argon 18 Electron Track Frame
Argon 18 Electron is a full-blown track racing frameset, ideal for the Madison , points race or sprint. The wheelbase is tight and the frame is stiff, very stiff. Comes with Frame, Fork, and Headset.
Fork and rear triangle designed to work together on the track
- As with every Argon 18, the Electron frame and fork were developed together to work as one on the velodrome; both components contribute to the bike outstanding performance and explosive character.
- The carbon monocoque EL99 fork is extremely rigid and stays true even in the most demanding track conditions. Note that this is a true track-only fork; a front brake cannot be mounted on this fork.
- Seat tube cutout makes for shorter stays, enhancing rigidity and maneuverability.
Triple-butted aluminum frame
Triple-butted aluminum tubes in main triangle for reduced weight while retaining all desirable dynamic properties.
Top and seat tube shape optimized according to the HDS principle, an Argon 18 exclusive.
HDS (Horizontal Dual System); For more than ten years now, the Horizontal Dual System has ensured that the top part of our frames absorb vibration while the lower section fully delivers power to the rear wheel.
- Dividing the frame into two horizontally segmented parts reduces frame weight significantly. Compared to a frame built with conventional tubes, weight can be reduced by as much as 20% while retaining all the stiffness and stability of a heavier frame.
- The HDS concept was implemented to ensure extreme stiffness in the Electron, with the large downtube contributing much of this rigidity.